Monday, November 29, 2010

A Visit with Santa

For the past week, each morning when Jack wakes up, he immediately asks if Santa brought him a silver Ironman for Christmas. I then spend 5 minutes trying to explain that it isn't Christmas yet. Today, we took a trip to the mall to see Santa. I thought if I went early on a Monday there would be less kids there for Jack to hold up while I convinced him to sit on Santa's lap. (He refused last year.) Of course, he was excited the whole drive over, and ran through the mall to find him. Once we got close, however, Jack hid behind me and kept his hands up by his face in his cute shy pose. I have to say, the Santa at PV mall was awesome. He took his time and got Jack to sit next to him and even got his hands away from his face long enough for a quick picture. I did have to tell Santa what Jack wanted for Christmas since he wouldn't speak to him. By the end, Jack did feel comfortable enough to lean in close to Santa...although he never smiled. Jack did tell him thank you before we left. It turned out much better than I expected.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I think the picture is adorable.

Sheri said...

Evan wouldn't sit on Santa's lap - he just whispered out of the corner of his mouth what he wanted. I didn't get a picture because I was laughing so hard.

LauraB said...

Jack still doesn't look too sure about his situation!