Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello Christmas

Jack is very excited about Christmas this year. I think he only tolerated Halloween because I told him Christmas came after it. One of his favorite things is our "Christmas Calendar" or our Advent Calendar. The day after Halloween he begged me to bring it into the house so he could play with it. He broke the Santa off it last year, but that only makes it more fun to play with.

Since this is the first year that Jack is really old enough to anticipate the coming holidays, I am extra excited. Plus, I just LOVE that I can put off his requests for everything with the response, "Well, maybe you can get it for Christmas, we'll have to wait and see." An even bigger bonus is the whole "Santa Claus Threat" discipline technique. All Stuart has to do is threaten to call Santa to report on Jack's behavior and he straightens right up for us. (We are awful, aren't we?)

Yes, I know Thanksgiving is the next holiday, but we just can't wait over here!

3 comments:

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

I can't wait either. Erik thought I was a little crazy when I put on some Christmas music on Nov. 1st.

Sheri said...

I love Christmas too. And the best part of Santa is that you can use him to threaten your kids - Seriously!

Should I worry that Ben is in the 5th grade and still believes in Santa?

Teresa said...

I love that Ben still believes in Santa. The longer the better!