Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gargage Sale Finds

Saturday morning we were making our weekly run to Lowe's for supplies for a couple of the many house and garden projects we have going on over here, when Stuart suggested we stop and check out some of the garage sales we passed along the way. We do this a LOT. We bought a foreclosed home that was unfinished and, a year later, we still have much to do. Because we are cheap and refuse to go into debt for this, it is taking us awhile. So, we are always looking for bargains to help the process along. We didn't find anything we needed, but Jack made out like a bandit!

I know I said he doesn't get anything new until Christmas, but it's hard to pass up cheap toys. And, he was so irresistibly cute, asking in his sweetest voice if he could take the items home with us. I'm a sucker for this kid. Stuart was grumbling about this when we packed up the car, but I reminded him it was his idea to stop. Come on, a $2 fire truck? What a steal! Besides, recycling used toys is environmentally responsible. Jack loved the truck so much he slept with it during his nap yesterday. That is priceless.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm with you. I wouldn't be able to resist that cute face either. I love the picture. He looks adorable.

Sheri said...

I totally agree with you. Looks liek you got some great finds.