Saturday, November 27, 2010

Early Thanksgiving

A little late, but I am finally posting Thanksgiving stuff. We had our Thanksgiving dinner a week ago. My mom likes to have it early so her kids don't feel like they have to choose who they are spending the holiday with...that worked out great for us since Stuart is spending the actual holiday in China for work. My mom is in the process of moving, so we offered to host it at our house this year. This was our first time hosting and, unfortunately, with how busy I was, I didn't take many pictures.

Jack was so eager to help get everything ready. He kept telling me I made a "beautiful party." He was so excited he even agreed to wear a tie for the occasion. (This was taken before the chaos ensued.)


Despite all the good food, none of the kids really ate. Caitlin was mad that she had to sit at the kids table, so she pouted on the couch. Jack wouldn't sit down without her and kept following her around. I think he ate one bite of a roll, but he did drink 4 glasses of sparkling cider.

I did get a rare opportunity to see this cute girl...although she clearly preferred Grandma to anyone else in the room. Jack kept kissing her and trying to help teach her to walk.



This is the closest we got to a family picture. I know it's blurry and not flattering, but none of them are good and I just love Ryan getting in the shot.


Jack really misses out not having his cousins close enough to see more often. He definitely wears out his welcome with the older kids...he can't help himself...he is just so excited when he gets to see them. I made the mistake of telling Jack way too early that everyone was coming over for Thanksgiving and Jack spent days asking when Ryan was coming. And, the entire day before the event, anytime Jack heard a noise, he would scream, "Caitlin's here!" Poor kid.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you put the last picture up. I love you guys, and I feel like I haven't seen Charlotte or Wendy in forever. It's nice to see them, even if it is just a picture.

It looks like you had fun!

Sheri said...

We really need to meet up sometime so that Evan and Jack can wear each other out!

I love that last picture too. I love you guys and really wish I saw you all more. I got to see Wendy and Kendall the other day when Shane came into my work. She is an adorable baby.