Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankless Job

I've noticed a bit of a trend when Jackson says his prayers each night. When he thanks God for the people in his life, this is the hierarchy he seems to follow:
  • He always mentions his dad...twice. Dad is first and last every time.
  • He always mentions his cousin Bremen.
  • He sometimes mentions his sisters, Heather and Karen.
  • He occasionally mentions his Papa.
  • He occasionally mentions his uncle Kevin.
  • He never mentions his mom. Not even once.

I try not to prod him and let him do it himself, and this is what I get. Nice. Of course, when he has a nightmare at 4am, he only wants his mom. It's a good thing I am not in this for the glory.

P.S. I should mention he always asks to have "no bad dreams." In fact, he tells me he has to say that part extra loud. I guess he wants to make sure God hears him.

P.P.S. Jack asked me to take this picture when I put him down for his nap today. He wanted a picture of himself sleeping.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

It's such a cute picture.

Kim said...

I spent all of my time with Joe when he was little. What was his first word? "Daddy".

Joe always made me pray for "no bad dreams" too.