Tuesday, August 3, 2010

HOME

Last spring, Jack started asking to go home. Frequently. While we were already home. (This really is an unsettling thing to hear from your toddler.) After about a week of this, he provided us with more information. He said he wanted to go home...to see Karen...at the airport. It dawned on me that when his sister left after spring break, she said she was going "home." (Apparently, Jack thought Karen lived at the airport.) I tried explaining to Jack that Karen had 2 homes and she would be returning to ours. In the following months, as we had visitors, they all eventually left to go "home." Whew! Poor Jack. I keep telling him he is home and he better not plan on leaving us!

He gets so excited to have visitors at the house and he is so upset when they leave. When Kevin, Alena, and Bremen left, he happily waved good-bye and then cried when the car disappeared and he realized they weren't returning. For 2 hours he cried.

This picture cracks me up! Stuart tried to get Jack out of the way so he could take the picture, but Jack insisted on snuggling in for it. When we tore him away, he cried. I told you, he gets attached easily.

Today, while showing the house to a friend, Jack explained that one of the downstairs bedrooms was "Uncle Kevin's room." I guess he is eager for their return. I can't blame him. Bremen ran around chasing him and introduced him to Bionicles. Alena played trains and watched movies with him. And Kevin took him swimming, out to eat, and to play on inflatables. (Not to mention he allowed Jack to rough house with him constantly.) No wonder he was upset when they left. We are so boring by comparison.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

My kids love Uncle Kevin too.

I love that picture.

Kim said...

I think everyone loves uncle Kevin.

I love this picture too.