Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthday Parties

For those of you who don't know, August is a busy birthday month for us. My birthday is the 21st, Jack's is the 22nd, and Karen's is the 23rd. And this year was especially busy because we were all having milestone birthdays. It was my 40th (yes, it is very weird for me to say that because I really don't feel 40 yet.) It was Karen's 16th. (I can't believe how grown up she is.) And, it was Jack's 3rd. (I know a 3rd birthday doesn't sound like a milestone, but it is. This is the first year he could anticipate his birthday, knew it was coming, and looked forward to it because he knew what was involved.) Anyway, I have a lot to share, but this would be a LONG post if I did it all at once, so I will try to break it up a bit.


Since my birthday was first, I will start with it. Jack loves birthdays. This year he has had the privilege of attending 4 birthday parties for other kids. He really doesn't care whose birthday it is, as long as he gets cake and can help unwrap the presents. So, he was quite content celebrating my birthday.


Stuart bought me the best cake ever! It is from Cathy's Rum Cake. It had a strawberry filling, a light whipped icing, and it was pink and purple! It was awesome.


It was almost too pretty to eat. Apparently, Jack agreed.


You see, Jack doesn't like cake, just frosting. He just wanted to lick my cake. You can hear Stuart getting frustrated in the background because I was indulging the crazy boy, but it was my birthday, and I wanted peace and happiness, so that means I won and Jack got a little spoiled. We did eventually cut the cake and Jack happily ate all the frosting on his piece.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

oh gosh, he reminds me of Evan. I'm glad you finally got a piece of your cake ;)

Kim said...

That cake sounds yummy. I hope you had a happy birthday.