Friday, August 27, 2010

Big Sister


Monday, Karen turned 16; she is growing up fast. Jack is so thrilled when she is in town. He asks to see her all the time. He will be so sad when she leaves. Last week, Jack and I were driving along the Carefree Highway when he noticed all the homes built on the mountain. He was very excited. I asked him if he wanted to live in a house on a mountain. He replied, "I want to live in a house with lots of kids." Poor boy, it's so hard that he is an only child most of the year.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love these pictures, especially the one of them sitting. Too cute.

Being an only child can be lonely. Joe used to ask me for a brother all of the time. He still does every once in a while. It makes me sad.

Sheri said...

I love those pictures too. You can see how much they love each other.

Teresa said...

I hear you Kim. I worry about it all the time. At least Joe has cousins nearby. Unfortunately, Jack only sees family 2-3 times a year. It's why I work so hard to set up playdates and make sure he gets to be around other kids.