Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dear Jack


My Dear Sweet Jack,

Today you turned 3 years old. You are my little boy. You are so grown up and have developed such a fun personality. You are so full of energy; you never sit still. You are curious about everything and constantly wear me out with your antics. You are also very tender and sweet, a loving little boy. Your constant hugs and cuddles fill me with joy each day. You are so protective of me. If I am sad or frustrated, you are quick to pat my head and tell me, "it's okay mommy. you okay." You always give me hugs and sit close to me. You are I are special. We have a bond that is hard to describe. I love that I get to share in all of your excitement for life.

I loved you so much when you were born that I couldn't imagine that I could ever love you more, but today I know I do.

I've never been the type of mom who doesn't want her baby to grow up. I don't get sad when you learn and grow because I am genuinely excited about the new phase you are entering. This week, however, I realized there will come a day when you no longer want to snuggle close to me and that realization brought me to tears. I love that you run across the room with your arms spread wide to give me a hug. I love your sweet kisses. I am thrilled each and every time you tell me you love me. The thought that I won't always be able to scoop you up in my arms and kiss your little face breaks my heart. I am a puddle of tears as I try to put this into words for you to one day read. I love you so much that words do not do it justice. In the coming years I will try not to be clingy or hold you back as you grow, but know that I will always love the sweet spirit that you are and you will always be my little baby.

Love,

Your Mom

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Well now I'm a puddle of tears.

I know exactly how you feel.

LauraB said...

Awwwwe.... :)

Kim said...

I'm crying too now. This is so sweet, and of course, I totally relate. They grow up too fast.