Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big Boys Make Big Messes

Although it was wonderful having my brother, his wife, and his 7 year old son Bremen here to visit, there was one draw back. Since most of the year, Jack is an only child, I forget how much of an influence older kids can be on little ones. While they were here, our entry light was delivered to the house. The box was huge and Jack loved playing in it. It was padded with a layer of styrofoam in the bottom. He hid in the box and had a great time.


Then, Bremen discovered the box and decided to join in the fun.


He quickly taught Jack that if you rub your feet and hands across the styrofoam really fast, you make snow.
It was so funny, until it was time to clean up. OK, Stuart and I previously discussed having more kids, but this may be the best example of a reason not to! (Or a reason to have more, depending on your attitude!)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Definitely a reason to have more. The kids love it. It will be something they will always remember. And even though it is a pain to clean up, the parents get to have a fun story to tell.

Becca said...

HAVE MORE!! Jack needs a sibling. You'll be cleaning for the rest of your life anyways and kids will get older and help clean up... eventually.

Anonymous said...

Mel loves her little sister, but I still can't imagine a time when cleaning will be easier because of them...but they are definitely worth the mess.

Sheri said...

Have more - two is wayyy easier than one. I've found that having more than one teaches them to share and to get along. My boys are each others best friends. But don't have 4. You'll go insane.

Teresa said...

Maybe I should read over what I type before I post. We have "discussed" more kids...past tense. Not that I don't agree with everything stated, but you all do know how old I am right?