Friday, July 16, 2010

REALLY?!

Lately, I have been surprised by some of the direction I have had to provide Jack. I know he is an active, curious, inventive little boy, but I still never expected him to try some of the stuff he tries. A few examples of my admonitions to him:
  • No Jack. Do NOT lick the windows.
  • Put your clothes back on Jack.
  • NO! The can opener does not go on your penis! You will hurt yourself.
  • The refrigerator is not a hiding place. Get out now!
  • Why are you naked again? Put your clothes back on please.
  • We do not bop people on the head. (This is my fault for teaching him the Little Bunny Foo Foo song.)
  • I'm sorry you hurt your head, but I can't get you a new one. Stop pulling on your head, it won't come off...you are not WALL-E and do not have spare parts.
  • Put your clothes on now!
  • Do not play the drums on mommy's butt.
  • Do not chase your aunt Tina with the corn on the cob.
  • Only give your cousin gentle hugs...don't squeeze so tight. Stop chasing him. Ask him if he wants a hug first.
  • I mean it! Clothes on now!!!

Always a new adventure around here. But look at his cute face. I can't help but love him.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I think "The refrigerator is not a hiding place" is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I think the WALL-E explanation also applies to the can opener situation...

Sheri said...

I agree with Tim. I love it!

Becca said...

I good I'm not the only one with crazy directives! Especially the licking one.