Sunday, July 18, 2010

Important Announcement

We interrupt our regular blog posts to share some important news. Jack is officially a big boy now.


He has been begging for a big boy bed for a long time now. This morning he was in rare form, asking for it non-stop. We relented and modified his crib to convert it to a bed. He was thrilled! I was a little nervous, but he went to bed for his nap with no fuss...and no getting up! (Let's hope he does the same at bedtime tonight.)

This meant that I had to remove the motion sensor monitor from his room. You know, the kind that sets off an alarm if no movement is detected after 20 seconds? It was a reassuring device, letting me know he was breathing during the night. Pathetic, I know, that I kept it on his crib until he was almost 3 years old. I can't help it. I worry. I love him.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's exciting when they reach a new "grown up" milestone, but also sad too.

Sheri said...

I kept Evan in his crib forever. And I kept his crib in our room forever (Ian wasn't thrilled). He's always going to be my baby.

Becca said...

Yeah for Jack! I love the stool.