Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weird and Wacky Jack Fact #6

Jack has some strange bathroom habits. Every few days, after going to the bathroom, he will turn to me and ask, "Say hello?" When I tell him yes, he turns to the potty and puts his face in the bowl and and says, "Hello everybody," then turns to me and says, "everybody gone." Weird, I know, but it gets weirder.

A few times, after I have put the toilet paper in the potty, he has cried. He doesn't want it in the potty and he is very upset when we flush it away. I thought he was doing better about this since he hadn't gotten upset about it lately. He has even gotten really good and wiping himself and flushing with abandon. Last week, however, while my brother was visiting, we could hear Jack crying in the bathroom. He came out sobbing. When I asked him what was wrong, he finally explained that the toilet paper was gone. I asked him if he flushed it down the potty and he said yes...between sobs. He was inconsolable. I swear people, I can't make this stuff up. (I'm so glad my brother was there to witness it.)

6 comments:

LauraB said...

Hmmm...wonder what he would do if I got a roll of toilet paper and put a smiley face on each square? Would he be even more attached to it if it were smiling back at him?

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

I remember my younger cousin having the same type of fear, even with draining bath water she would flip out. Aurora waves and says "Bye Bye" as the toilet flushes. It must be a somewhat strange concept for toddlers.

Teresa said...

You know, he isn't remotely scared of the drain or the flushing. It's odd. He just hates to see the toilet paper go away.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he is trying to send you a message. He wants to be a part of a more sustainable future (a green future), and that means installing a bidet. No more TP required...

Sheri said...

I agree with Tim. I think Jack is being "green".

Kids are constant entertainment. That's why I have so many.

Becca said...

Hilarious! I just hope he doesn't try to flush a toy or something down the toilet - that would NOT be funny! Yes, Melanie not funny at all!