Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jack's Doggie Room

Tuesday morning, something wonderful happened: after a year and a half in this new house, I finally finished Jack's room! Yea!

This room was much harder than his nursery because he is an active little boy and I just couldn't seem to get any time to work on it. Before we left for Hawaii, I became determined to complete the room. I came up with an idea that allowed Jack to participate. While I finished off the murals, Jack used his washable paint on a poster in the corner of his room.


I finished the murals last week and the last of the paw prints were painted over the weekend. Once I get close to the finish line, I get super motivated to finish and was determined to have it completed immediately. Monday and Tuesday I sewed the pillows and basket liners. (I have to say that Jack loves my sewing machine. He thought it was the coolest thing ever.) So, here is the finished room:



As you can see, Jack loves it and insisted on posing for pictures in it.
I know at some point he will outgrow this and want something else. But, after doing 2 different rooms for him, I think when he is old enough to want to redecorate we should use posters and stickers instead.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Are you for hire?

Teresa said...

Yes Sheri I am. Gotta make some money somehow!

LauraB said...

Seriously, you should advertise! It turned out great!

Kim said...

It looks awesome. I still want to do Joe's like "The Nightmare Before Christmas."