Monday, February 14, 2011

Hawaii: Island Tour Part 2

Later, our tour took a weird turn. In route to the Buddhist Temple, we passed a large graveyard. Our tour guide spent no less than 30 minutes telling us about his own personal burial plans. I'm not kidding. A lot of talk about his plot, where it was originally, where it moved, the cost, what his wife thought about it, why he changed from cremation to burial...it was bizarre. Anyway, I had to take a couple of pictures of it.






OK, finally, the Buddhist Temple. It was in a beautiful location.


Yes, the leash was necessary.




It was very cool.


I like this. A little know fact is that my nickname for Jack is "Buddha." I have had lots of nicknames for Jack, but this one is the most common. It started when he finally gained some weight around 3 months old and looked like a little Buddha Baby. The name just stuck with me.

This was Jack's favorite part. I don't remember the significance as I was wrangling a 3 year old at the time.
The bamboo was huge! The picture doesn't do it justice.


The grounds were stunning.


Jack loved the black swans.

We only made a few more stops after the temple, including this ranch. The picture just doesn't do it justice. The mountains were huge behind it and so beautiful.



Jack did awesome for the 8 hour tour. We only had 2 issues, one fit thrown just before lunch, because it was so late in the day. The other in the last hour of the ride...just before he fell asleep. It figures, an 8 hour tour, and he falls asleep 20 minutes before it ends.

4 comments:

LauraB said...

And I quote, "The biggest proof that we had a good time is we don't have a lot of pictures." Are you kidding me? What is your number for "a lot of pictures?" Don't get me wrong - I'm loving the pictures. Just find it funny you think you didn't take a lot!

Teresa said...

I thought that myself as I was doing the posting. Let me clarify. I didn't have the camera with me everyday...most of the time we left it in the room. But, the days I had it, I fell into old habits! Our last week long vacation (before Jack) we had thousands of pictures and even had to buy a new memory card half way through. So, this is a BIG improvement.

Sheri said...

It looks so beautiful there. I'm loving all the pictures!

Kim said...

I am loving the pictures too. It is gorgeous.