Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hawaii: Dream Location


When Stuart and I first went to Hawaii, we went to Maui, which is a great couples destination...not too crowded, peaceful, with lots to do. This time, we picked the island of Oahu. This was for 2 reasons. First, we got a great cheap deal through Costco travel. Second, it is far more populated and touristy and, therefore, a great family spot. It was perfect.
It was a great location, Check out the view from our room:
And, did I mention, the beach was literally across the street from our hotel? It was awesome! 20 steps to the beach!
We stayed at Waikiki beach. The ocean is much calmer on this side of the island...again, great for little kids. Also, note the rock barrier in the water. This protects the coral and keeps this section of the beach even calmer...it's reassuring for parents of little ones that don't swim yet. Ideal for us!
Only negative thing was our location on the 25th floor. It made for great views, but made me a little nervous since I have a fear of heights. I was more than a little scared when Jack was on the balcony.
We loved it.

3 comments:

LauraB said...

Your view was fabulous! More than a little jealous here..

Kim said...

That view is ridiculous! I would have trouble with the 25th floor too. The highest I've ever stayed is floor 14 and I had major vertigo. Everything looked like it was moving.

I've decided, after seeing your pictures that I really need to go to Hawaii.

Sheri said...

I have a friend who grew up in Hawaii and said Oahu is the best island to visit. It looks gorgeous!