Monday, February 14, 2011

Hawaii: Pearl Harbor

Our second tour was only a half day. We saw Pearl Harbor. Jack loved it. It's hard, however, to really take a solemn moment to reflect on it when you are with a 3 year old.




Jack loved playing inside the submarine. It was hard to tear him away.



Once again, the leash came in very handy.
Jack loved the ferry out to the U.S.S. Arizona.


I know this one is difficult to read, so I included the text below the picture.
Dear Lord/ Lest I continue / My complacent way / Help me to remember
Somehow out there / A man died for me today. / As long as there be war
I then must / Ask and answer / Am I worth dying for?"
-Poem Eleanor Roosevelt kept in her wallet during World War II
Of course, Jack fell asleep on the ride back to the hotel... for a whole 10 minutes.


He is so precious. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he grew up without war?

1 comment:

Sheri said...

One of the worst parts of having boys (for me) is the thought that they might have to go to war some day. I can't bear the thought.