Monday, October 11, 2010

Jack Speak

I love this age. Toddler speak is so entertaining. You can understand most of what your child is saying, but it's the delivery that makes it fun. Mixed up pronouns, cute mispronunciations, and a unique thought process can always make me smile. I wish I could get some of our conversations on video, but that is just too difficult at this age, so instead I try to write down my favorites as I hear them.

  • I got 'ya. I hold you baby mommy. (after I hurt myself)
  • It can't work! My eyes not closing. Mommy, I awake. (at nap time)
  • I made some wind for you. (turning the fan on in the bathroom)
  • I sorry I peed you. (when he got distracted while standing at the toilet)
  • I take my penis in the pool? (not sure if he really thought there was any other way to go swimming...)
  • After I told Jack he couldn't have a Popsicle, I watched him intentionally bang his head on the door, he then came to me and said: Ow. I hurt my head. I need a Popsicle. Popsicle make my head better.
  • (After fake coughing) I sick. I need medicine. Or sometimes: I sick. Need ginger-ale.
  • While playing one afternoon, Jack sent me to his room and told me to lay down in his bed. He then turned off the light. Before closing his door he said: You lay down. I make it dark. Look at your monsters.
  • Mom, you went the wrong way. You kissed my cheek...kiss my mouth!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I love it! Evan says his "eyes can't work" all the time when he can't fall asleep :)

yesterday when the boys were playing I was complaining about how crazy Evan is and how much he whines. Kevin commented that he likes watching Jack because he never cries or whines. That's awesome!