Friday, October 1, 2010

Doctor Jack

I know I haven't posted in awhile, I've been sick, but I have been in very good hands with my Jack. Monday afternoon, I had outpatient surgery. Stuart and Jack kept me company at the doctor's office while I was waiting. Jack was an angel. He watched intently as I got my IV for my anesthesia. He had the entire office impressed as he took care of his mom. He kept insisting I lie down while he gave me medicine (using the blood pressure gauge.) He monitored my IV, he kept assuring me I would be better soon. He told me, repeatedly, "Don't worry Mom." He was a doll. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs for a couple of weeks, (yeah, right,) so, Jack has had to be very patient with his mom. He even brings me pretend medicine to make me better.

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but, I don't want to miss a chance to share a glimpse of his cute face.

Man, I love this kid!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

My kids always make me feel better when I'm sick - I think it's their way of paying us back for all of the times we take care of them :). I hope everything is o.k. It sounds like Jack is the best medicine.

Kim said...

I hope you are on the mend. I know it's a long shot, but if there is anything you need, I'd be happy to help out. Hope you are feeling better soon.