Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Prep

For weeks now Jack has been protecting our pumpkins. He has refused to let us make Jack-O-Lanterns for fear of making them sad. Friday, we finally convinced him to let us carve them. YEA! As of this morning we have carved three of them, and Jack painted his little one.

However, we now have a new challenge. He informed me this morning he is "too little for Halloween." I guess that is his way of saying there is no way he is going to put on a costume. (We have told him he must wear a costume if he wants to trick or treat.)



We will try our best this evening. We have plans to do some trick or treating with some of our neighbors, so perhaps the older kids will convince him. I honestly don't know what to expect. I'll post the results later.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm glad you finally got to carve your pumpkins! We did trunk or treat at our church last week and since then Evan has had no interest in trick or treating again. I can't wait to hear about Jack's night!

Kim said...

This is the first year we didn't carve pumpkins. I was sad. We waited too long and there weren't any pumpkins left at the store.