Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Buying Halloween

Jack is getting very excited about Halloween and Christmas...mainly Christmas, but I continue to remind him that Halloween comes first. Jack's uncle Kevin and cousin Bremen are in town visiting, so we decided to do some fun Halloween activities to get him geared up for the big day. Kevin and I took the boys shopping at Walmart. Wow, did they ever have fun in the Halloween section. We filled up our cart with decorations, costumes, and even got a new big "daddy" skeleton to go with Jack's baby skeleton. Jack kept clapping his hand and saying, "We're buying Halloween! We buy Halloween!" When it was time to buy a few groceries, however, Jack was not happy. He kept taking them out of the cart, telling me there was no room because we had to buy Halloween.


Yesterday, while Stuart was at work, the four of us carved some pumpkins while watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. Bremen kept insisting he didn't like that movie and Jack has never wanted to watch it before, but for some reason, they really got into it this time. It was so fun.


I really tried to get some pics, but these are 2 very active boys and that made it challenging. Plus, they both wanted to take the pictures.


Jack wanted to make sure I got a picture of him poking his pumpkin. He loved that he was grown up enough to get to help use the some of the tools. The night before he had insisted on trying to cut his own meat at dinner...just like Bremen, so when this project started, he informed me he was now big enough to use a grown up knife. God help us.



For the life of me, I could not get a picture of both boys with the pumpkins. Bremen kept insisting that he had a pumpkin head and kept putting his face behind his pumpkin.


So, of course Jack had to do the same thing.



Kevin helped the boys pose with pumpkin heads. Sorry I don't have one of Bremen...Jack insisted on taking those pics and they came out blurry.



He is so proud of his pumpkin.


I'm looking forward to Halloween. My second favorite holiday!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I love Halloween! And I love The Nightmare Before Christmas - or maybe I just really love the music in that movie. In October they decorate the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland with Jack the Pumpkin King stuff. It's awesome.