Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fun in the Snow

A couple of weeks ago, our community had a winter festival for the kids. It was the day after I found out I had pneumonia, but I didn't want Jack to miss out on playing in snow for the first time, so we went. We were only there 45 minutes, but I paid for it, spending the rest of the day in bed. It was worth it. Jack had a blast.

He wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, but he did get close enough to get a present.


The minute he saw the snow, he took off running.


There wasn't a lot of it, but enough for sledding. A friend of ours was gracious enough to let Jack borrow one of their sleds to use.


Gotta love this. It was 74 degrees out so we could enjoy the snow without being too cold.


I just love the look on his face here. I'm not sure what the attitude was all about...


He was fearless and even went down the hill by himself.
I thought we would have to drag him out of there, but we bribed him with hot chocolate...which worked.

2 comments:

Becca said...

What a cool activity! I am so sorry you were sick! I hope you are all better.

Sheri said...

How fun! We have a sled you can borrow anytime!