Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Day 1


We LOVE Christmas. We have been busy decorating the new house in preparation. Jack has been very helpful this year. Here are some highlights.

Holiday baking is a must for me. Jack was very helpful with baking the chocolate hazelnut pound cake. Quality control at it's finest.


He loves the advent calendar, or as he calls it, "Christmas house." It's a great place to park his cars. He has broken the Santa on it twice already. It also took some effort to convince him that the glittery snow on the roof was not frosting and shouldn't be eaten.


Didn't you know it's easier to assemble a Christmas tree naked? No pesky clothes to get in your way.



I finally realized I had to wait until he was asleep to put the lights on the tree. He really likes a lot of lights. It's hard to stop him when he is just so freakin' proud of his work.


He loved the strands of beads and dragged them all over the house.


He helped decorate the tree for the first time and did an awesome job!


He gets one new ornament each year. This year he picked out a dog one from Walmart. He loves it. He slept with it during his nap the day we got it. He has already broken both of it's front legs off of it. I really don't care. They glue back on easily and I have broken just as many ornaments as he has so it is unavoidable.


He helped me make snowflakes. His preferred method is to jab a hole in the middle of the paper with the scissors. Man, he loves scissors. He was very sad when they ran away and we couldn't find them again. I helped him look, but they must have hid themselves very well.


My two cheese balls by the big tree.


I'll post more pics when the decorating is completed.

4 comments:

LauraB said...

Mmmmmm...chocolate hazelnut pound cake sounds delicious!

Sheri said...

I love how calm you are about the chaos he causes! I wish I could've been that calm after Evan broke yet ANOTHER ornament.

Teresa said...

I wish I was always that calm. Believe me, I'm not. But, I am trying to remember what is more important about the holiday...it is a struggle.

Kim said...

That pound cake sounds delicious. It has been my experience that chocolate hazelnut anything is fabulous.

It looks like Christmas heaven over at your house. How fun to have your own little helper.

I get even more excited about Christmas when I see how happy the kids are.