Friday, November 4, 2011

Spider Cake Pops


Halloween marks the beginning of the holiday baking season for me. I love baking, even though I don't have much of a sweet tooth myself. So, we often give our treats away to friends and neighbors. Jack loves baking with me. This Halloween we decided to try something different, cake pops. I should note that I tried twice before to make cake pops and failed miserably, but Jack didn't mind. They are hands on, messy fun to make and you get to eat all of your failures. Stuart, on the other hand, was getting annoyed with my failed attempts, so we were determined to get it right this time.


Jack was my quality control taster, as usual.


They turned out pretty good.


Jack was so proud of the results.


We might have gotten carried away; we created an entire spider cake pop army.



When we were done, we loaded up the wagon and took them to various neighbors. Hmmm...now I can start thinking about Thanksgiving desserts....yum.

3 comments:

Ms. Sandy said...

They sure do look yummy!

Kim said...

Um....cake pops are DELICIOUS, and yours turned out so cute.

I made them once. They were soooo tasty, but also A LOT of work, which is why I haven't made them again.

Sheri said...

I wish I lived closer so I could've had one...looks delicious!