Sunday, November 6, 2011

Neighborhood Halloween Fun

Last Sunday, our neighborhood held it's annual Halloween festival. As usual, Jack had a blast.

They had a petting zoo. Jack loved holding the bunnies. They were hard to catch.




I have no idea what these boys were showing Jack, but I thought Jack looked so cute.


He was thrilled that he got to hold a chicken.


Pony rides were fun.



Man, I can't believe this kid is only 4, he is so long and lean.


When we went to line up for the hayride, we ran into one of Jack's best friends. Jack adores Connor. (Me too. Connor always gives me hugs and kisses, which means Jack gives me kisses to compete with him. I was really feeling the love!)



After they picked out their pumpkins, we walked back to the clubhouse so we could decorate them. Jack decided to throw his pumpkin down the hill. Well, he started a trend. All the kids decided to follow his lead. They kept throwing the pumpkins down the hill and then chased after them. So cute!




I love that Jack and Connor shared a chair while decorating their pumpkins.


Jack decided to make a cat.



He then decided to give it one more eye so it could be a monster instead. Awesome.


As we were leaving, we ran into some other friends, who all excitedly told Jack what they were going to be for Halloween. Up until this point, Jack was unenthusiastic about dressing up and only agreed to be a ghost because that is what he wore last year. He doesn't like costumes. When we got into the car, he asked if he could be a storm trooper instead for Halloween. Stuart and I were a little shocked and asked him if he was sure. He said yes. We told him we would buy him a storm trooper costume...and the Star Wars blaster he wanted only if he really wore the costume. We threatened him that we would return it all...blaster included...if he didn't. He agreed. We didn't hesitate. We drove straight to Target and bought it. He wore it all that evening and asked to wear it to bed. We were so excited! (Stuart and I are BIG costume fans.) I will save those pictures for my Halloween post. More to come.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun neighborhood you live in. I love the photo of Jack and his friend sharing the same chair.

LauraB said...

Looks like Connor returns the love! Great pumpkin, Jack!!

Sheri said...

You live in such a great neighborhood!