Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween

We bought 9 pumpkins this year. (3 big ones and 6 little ones.) However, we were so busy we didn't start making jack-o-lanterns until the night before Halloween. Jack and I looked up pictures on-line to get some ideas. I thought for sure he would want to do one of the cool Star Wars ones we saw, like a death star or Darth Vader, but no. He thought they were cool, but wanted a traditional jack-0-lantern. He did want his to look like Jack Skellington, from the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was so proud, since I love that movie! But, I didn't take any pictures of our decorations. Oh well.

But, the good news this year is that Jack agreed to wear a costume...including a mask! He was a storm trooper!

Have you seen a kid happier about his Halloween costume?


Stuart wore a great gorilla costume, of which, I took no pictures. Oops!


Our neighbors came over and met at our house before we went out for the night. The kids played and we ate. They were so cute! (We actually had 3 more kids in our crew, but they arrived later.)





Our neighbors did not disappoint. I still love the ones that do the Mad Tea Party.



The kids had a blast and the adults had a hard time keeping up with them.






We did bring a wagon in case the kids got tired.


We ran into this cute girl along the way. (She is the younger sister of one of Jack's babysitters.) I love that he can't take his eyes of her.


In a moment of tremendously bad parenting, Stuart and I both realized by about the 5th house that Jack wasn't wearing shoes...just socks. And to further secure our position as terrible parents, we did not go back for shoes. He actually wore holes in his socks. Good thing we had that wagon!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Jack looks awesome! And so do you :)

Kim said...

Your costume is super cute. I think you should make Stuart put on the gorilla costume again, just so you can take a photo. I'd love to see it. Looks like a fun Halloween.