Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Cat Spider





So, Jack really wants another pet. Don't misunderstand, he loves his robot butterfly, his fish, and his guinea pig, but he wants a pet he can play with; so, he continually asks for a cat or a dog. I made a very big mistake a couple of months ago and told him he once had a cat named Spider, when he was a baby, and that we gave him to another family because Jack was allergic. (All true. However, Jack appears to have outgrown the allergies because he has no problem being around cats and dogs now.) I never should have said that to Jack. For WEEKS he couldn't stop talking about his pet Spider and could we please get him back? Sheesh. To shut him up, Stuart told him Spider died. Now, we don't know this for a fact, but it is highly possible since Spider was at least 11 or 12 when we found him a new owner 4 years ago. So now Jack still asks about Spider, but less often. He tells everyone that he has a cat Spider who is in heaven.


When taking out the Christmas decorations, I found this stuffed cat. The girls bought it for me years ago and they used white-out to paint whiskers on it so that it would look like my cat spider. (It was very sweet.) I explained the story to Jack and now he is very loving with his new stuffed cat spider. But, he still reminds me that one day, when he dies, he will see his cat spider when he is in heaven.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

So cute :) My big mistake was telling Evan about Santa Claus. Every day I answer 100 questions regarding Santa. It's tiring.