Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jack's Tree

Jack has his very own Christmas tree. I got the idea from my sister, Charlotte, who always had a small tree in each of her kid's rooms when they were little. The kids had them decorated however they wanted. I think I remember a Star Wars tree one year for Ryan and a Barbie tree for Caitlin. So, I adopted the tradition for Jack. The tree was a free one I got with another large tree many years ago. At first, we decorated his tree with Dr. Seuss finger puppets to match his Dr. Seuss nursery. Last year, he was really into cars, so we parked his little Matchbox cars all over the tree. This year, he was so excited to put the tree in his room. However, he didn't want to decorate it. He took one ornament from our big tree and declared that was all it needed.

You will notice the single present. I haven't wrapped any gifts yet, but his Nana sent one gift down for Jack last month. It has been the only present sitting under our tree. (Jack has begged to open it almost everyday.) Last week, Jack insisted we keep the present under the tree in his room.

I love his Charlie Brown like Christmas tree.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a great idea. I bet he loves having his own tree in his room.

LauraB said...

I love his decorating! This is such a good idea - it gives the kids a way to express themselves during the holidays! Did you know Logan and Lexi have their own trees, too? Runs in the family!

Sheri said...

I love that idea! I bet my boys would love it too. I might steal it for next year.