Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

After weeks of anticipation, Christmas Eve was finally here. We had a fantastic evening in the Allen house.

The tree was ready and the presents were wrapped.

Well, all but one, but Jack helped his dad with it. Another good thing I have learned from Jack is to relinquish my attempts at perfectionism...at least a little of it. Our presents were far from perfect looking, but boy did Jack have fun helping with all of the wrapping. He insisted on extra tape and bows on each gift.

We made cookies for Santa. This was the first year we did it. (Jack was a little young to do it previous years.) He is big on quality control.

We ran off some energy at the neighborhood park and then came home and took a bath. My Christmas present was the jacuzzi tub. (Jack broke it last year when he turned on the jets while it was empty.) Stuart had it fixed in time for Christmas. Of course, Jack has taken more baths in it than me. Stuart has to join him in the big tub. Of course, they get a little carried away with the bubbles.
A couple of times we lost Jack.
Luckily, his dad was able to find him.

Don't worry, he's ok.

We open one present on Christmas Eve. It's always jammies. Jack loves his Spiderman jammies. He couldn't stop looking at them.

Stuart and I actually bought each other nearly identical blue plaid jammies. Too funny! Now we match.

Finally, Jack was tucked in for the night. You will notice he is sleeping with the garbage truck he got from grammie and papa. He has done that almost every night since he got it.


I should note that Jack had a bad dream around 2am. I got up and calmed him down, then remembered a present I had forgotten to wrap. Stuart woke up around 2:30am to find me in my closet, wrapping. No wonder we were so tired on Christmas morning.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love this post!

Last year Brian and I got each other the exact same pajamas. What are the odds of that?

Looks like you had a great Christmas Eve.

Sheri said...

Can you send me the name of the guy who fixed your tub? We haven't been able to find anyone to fix ours.