Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Conversations with Jack #5



I tried taking Jack to the store with me today. As usual, he was running around the house in his underwear. I told him he had to put on his pants before we could go and sent him to his room to get a pair. Instead, I find him rummaging through Stuart's dresser. Here is the ensuing conversation:

Me: Jack, go get your sweats. You can't wear daddy's pants.

Jack: No. It's daddy's underpants. I'm wearing daddy's underpants.

Me: You cannot wear daddy's underpants.

Jack: No, it's fun.

Me: Daddy doesn't want you wearing his underpants. I'm calling dad.

Jack: No, be happy with it. Be happy with it mom.


It gets better.


After I convinced him that I could not tape the underpants up, he came up with another solution: pliers. Only problem was, he wanted me to walk around with him, holding the pliers.


Where do kids come up with this stuff?!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is too funny. Jack is awesome.

Sheri said...

That's ingenious. He's going to be a great problem solver! :)