Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Treats

OK, now that things are settling down again, I will try to share most of the Jack stories of the season. Hang in there and I will try to limit myself to the highlights.


Let's start with food. We have had too much good food around the house over the last several weeks. (The proof of this is that it took a LOT of effort to button my jeans this morning.) Both Jack and I LOVE to bake. We have made dozens of Christmas cookies this year: chocolate chip, oatmeal butterscotch, chocolate mint, chocolate dipped mocha toffee shortbread, peppermint sugar, strawberry lilies, and double chocolate chunk. I think Jack had as much fun delivering cookies as he did making them. Oh yes, we also made a gingerbread train; well, Stuart and Jack did. We made one last year, and Jack insisted on it again. It's so much better than the gingerbread house.


Oh, and to make matters worse, our awesome babysitter made some wonderful treats for us. She made incredible truffles for Stuart and I. Jack got a special chocolate covered marshmallow with a candy cane handle.

Yum.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

That chocolate covered marshmellow looks so good!