Friday, November 13, 2009

Weird and Wacky Jack Fact #2





Jack adores his dad. When we run weekend errands, I will occasionally drop Stuart off at a store, while Jack and I wait in the car. This is usually met with many hysterical tears as Jack seems to think we are leaving without him. Being the master of distraction, I invented a game to play with Jack whenever this happened. I drive around the parking lot and point out various people, asking "Is that daddy?" To which Jack replies, "nooooo." It calms him down and he has fun looking for dad in the parking lot until he returns.
Lately, Jack likes playing this game on his own. When we are driving in the car, Jack points people out and asks "That Daddy?" and answers himself with "noooo." It is so cute. I have even heard him doing it around the house, pointing at cars, cows, and other various toys while playing. He is just too cute!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I like that game - I'm going to have to try it with Evan.

I love those pictures - there's something about a boy with his dad that melts my heart.

Jon said...

He got so big so fast that I can't remember him as a baby. Are you sure you didn't just give birth to a toddler?

Kim said...

I agree with Sheri's comment about boys and their dads. I love the pictures of Jack and Stuart.

Also, thanks for telling Joe you would buy cookies from him. He is super excited. We are trying to decide which day this week to bake. If you could let me know what day you might be out on this side of town, then I will make sure we have cookies for you.

Again, thanks so much.

LauraB said...

I, too, am a sucker for Dads who love their kids. Guess the fact that I married a man with 6 kids is pretty much proof of that!

Becca said...

So cute! Isn't it a bummer that Dads have to work! I wish they could just work at home - although I doubt they could get anything done! Melanie is always asking for her dad too and whenever he leaves the room she says "Where's Dad? Oh, he's at work."

BTW, Jack is so handsome!