Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cousins

Jack loves kids. I set up a playgroup in our neighborhood and it's been good, but those kids just don't compare to his cousins. (It's the one bad thing about where we live...so far away from his cousins.) Jack has LOTS of cousins. On Stuart's side of the family, the cousins are all adults, but there are tons of kids on my side since I have about 100 first cousins. It must be a Lambson trait, but they are much more active and physical than most other kids and Jack LOVES that!
Last week we had the pleasure of hosting some of my family at our new house. My brother Kevin was in town and stayed a couple of days with us. Jack loved seeing everyone, but especially loved his cousin Bremen, who is 6 years old. He spent hours chasing him around the house. When he woke up each morning, the first thing he said to me was, "Bremen here?" I swear Jack didn't eat a thing while Bremen was here. He was just so excited to play with his cousin. Poor Bremen had trouble getting in a peaceful meal himself. These pictures are of Bremen attempting to eat breakfast while Jack tried his best to patiently wait for him to finish. (Obviously, patience is not one of Jack's best qualities.)




After Bremen left, Jack continued to call out and look for him in the house. A couple of days later, he found one of Bremen's socks and got very sad. He really misses him.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Those pictures are great.

Sheri said...

That's so sweet. I wish Evan had been awake when you guys came over - and btw, that dessert was AWESOME! Thank you so much!

Kim said...

I love the photos. Cousins are the best! I don't know where Joe would be without his. I'm sad I didn't get to see much of Kevin or Bremen when Kevin was in town. When is he coming back?

Teresa said...

Unfortunately, not soon enough. He won't be here for Christmas this year.