Friday, November 6, 2009

Dressed Up and Mad!



Yesterday, I decided to get Jack dressed up so I could take a nice picture of him for our Christmas cards. It was my most challenging hour with Jack to date.
See, lately he has decided he hates long sleeves on his clothing. I can't state that strongly enough. He throws a fit every time I try to put anything with long sleeves on him. (It's going to be a long winter...) Anyway, to further complicate matters, I made him wear his first tie. He definitely didn't like that. When he saw the clothes I picked out, he kept taking them and throwing them away from him. He kicked. He screamed. It was ugly. It took me 10 minutes to force the clothing on him. This video only captures the tail end of his tantrum, when he was much calmer. Trust me, it was much, much worse.

Yes, you heard that right. I bribed him with a sucker. I know, I said I'd never do that, but I don't care anymore. It worked. In the end, he relented and even posed for a few pictures. I think they turned out great!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

When you mentioned a sucker Evan said, "i want a sucker! Where's the sucker?"

I'm all for bribery. :)

LauraB said...

So, was it worth it?

Teresa said...

You tell me Laura, what do you think of the pics?

Of course, I noticed today, that if you click on them to look at them full screen, you can see a tear on his face in each one.

Kim said...

Well I think they turned out adorable. Especially that second one. How cute is that?