Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween: The Real Deal

Halloween was a blast. We had a busy day. In the afternoon, our community hosted some fun activities. Jack had a great time. He picked and decorated his own pumpkin. He went on a pony ride. And, he got a spider tattoo painted on his arm. He had so much fun! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the camera. Oops. Here is his completed pumpkin:


Our new house has a great courtyard in the front and we had fun decorating it for Halloween. We had jack-o-lanterns, spider webs, glowing eyes, lights, etc. (And, we didn't even use half of our decorations!)



To help Jack get into the spirit of things, I dressed up too. Jack was mesmerized by my funky false eyelashes. He kept staring at them while I was getting ready.


After the Friday night preview, Jack was eager to get started with the trick-or-treating.


He loved the neighborhood decorations and stopped to inspect all of them along the way.


He also played with every kid and dog he met during the course of the night. I'd say he had a pretty good time!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

How fun! I love your costume! Most costumes I could find for me were slutty or just weird. You look so cute!

LauraB said...

You ARE a cutie in that costume! Looks like Jack had tons of fun!!

Teresa said...

All the costumes out there are slutty; that's why I usually sew my own each year. I didn't have time this year so I bought one, but it barely covered my butt, so I had to buy an extra petticoat to wear under it so I could bend over without flashing the neighbors.

Kim said...

It looks like you had a happy halloween. The holidays are always more fun when you have a kid to celebrate with.