Monday, November 23, 2009

Bedtime


Bedtime is my favorite time of the day. And not because Jackson is finally going to sleep and we get a break, but because I love the whole routine. I am a big believer in rituals and have seen the positive impact on our boy. He knows what is coming, it is calming, and he is just so freakin' cute before he goes to sleep. At night Jack is at his best. Some of my favorite night time happenings:
  • Jack is so happy. He is extra silly at night. There is so much laughter in our house and it is a great end to the day.
  • He is especially ticklish.
  • He loves to cuddle with mom and dad.
  • He loves to run around naked and make you chase him after his bath or shower.
  • He hates to put on his jammies, especially now that I broke out the winter pairs that are long sleeves.
  • He often refuses his bedtime story because he knows that means bedtime is next.
  • He usually asks to take a toy to bed with him, which we allow. (Lately, his choice is a couple of his small cars.)
  • When I take him to bed, he often asks, "rock you?" (meaning he wants me to rock him first.)
  • He has begun to sing along with his bedtime songs.
  • When I finally put him in his crib, he grabs my arms and tries to pull me in and says, "cuddle, cuddle." He insists on pulling my arms around him and he smiles as we "cuddle."

I can't help but watch him sleeping. He is so cute. Here are some of my favorite pics of him sleeping.




4 comments:

Becca said...

Those are some great photos - it's so funny what kids fall asleep trying to do. He is a sweetie.

Tim said...

I love the boots.

Kim said...

Kids just look so sweet while they are sleeping.

I also love the boots.

Sheri said...

The boots are the best!

I love to watch my kids sleep - it never ceases to amaze me that they can be that still!