Friday, November 20, 2009

Sous-chef

I have an awesome assistant in the kitchen. He is focused and determined.




He will always do what is needed to help with dinner. (Although, he may have no intention of eating it.)

He's a great help, although you have to watch him closely. He gets eager. Last week we were making cookies when I stopped to talk to his sister, Heather, on the phone. Jack couldn't wait and decided he could add the salt without me. Straight from the box of salt. At least a half of a cup. I tried my best to scoop it out, but there was only so much I could do. If anyone wants some salty oatmeal butterscotch cookies, we still have a few dozen left.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, how adorable! And cooking is an excellent task for motor, language, and math skills - and more. I really need to get Melanie cooking more. You are a great mom.

Sheri said...

My boys always want to help in the kitchen. It's great that your encouraging him and letting him help at such an early age. By the time he's 8 he'll be cooking dinner!

Kim said...

He'll be the next Bobby Flay. Its so good that you let him help. It would probably be faster to do it yourself, but it is oh so much more fun to have a little helper.