Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oops

I have been trying to capture video of Jack speaking for a couple of months now, but he refuses to do it on camera. It has been frustrating, so I came up with an idea. I thought if I wasn't holding a camera in his face, he might be more cooperative. I set the camera on the shelf and started filming. Jack, however, is too smart for me. Not only did he notice the camera, but he waited until I was occupied cleaning up his mess to make his move.

The last video on the camera clearly implicated Jack in the crime. The funny thing is, years ago, when our last camera broke, we looked at the pictures stored on it and found Karen prominently featured in it's dying moments, despite her protests that she hadn't used it. Our kids are not so good at getting away with stuff.

Unfortunately, our camera no longer works. We are hoping it can be fixed. In the meantime, my blogging will be limited to what I already have stored on the computer.

4 comments:

LauraB said...

You can see when he first notices the camera - you can't hide ANYTHING from that kid!!

Becca said...

Caught red handed! At least you finished your goal of a post a day for April. He is obviously very bright, but not camera shy - he'll start talking nonstop not that you don't have a camera - that's how it always goes.

Sheri said...

Evan was giggling so hard at the end of that. As soon as you said, "Give me that!" :)

Kim said...

Ya, you can totally see when he notices the camera. He's too smart to be fooled.

He's like the frog in that old Warner Brothers cartoon. When he's alone with the guy he sings and dances and puts on a show, but the minute there is an audience, he just sits there.

I don't know if you'll get that reference, but I love that cartoon.