Thursday, May 7, 2009

Making Cookies

I had this image in my head of how nice it would be as a stay at home mom, doing all kinds of fun activities with Jack. But, reality came along and ruined it. But, I keep trying. This week, Jack helped me make chocolate chip cookies. He loves to help in the kitchen. He also loves to cause trouble. Here are some quotes of what I said to Jack during the fun:
  • Jack, no. We don't put our hands in there, we use the spoon to stir.
  • Jack, leave the flour alone.
  • No Jack, put the bag of chocolate chips down.
  • No, do NOT put your hand in there.
  • Get your hands out of the flour!
  • Don't throw that.
  • Stir it, don't touch it.
  • You can put the salt in for me. NO, not the pepper. Stop, put that down.
  • OK, that is enough salt. STOP! I said STOP. Put it down.
  • I said, get your fingers out of there!
  • Listen to your mom.
  • No, don't wipe your hands on your clothes.
  • Stop. Bring those chocolate chips back.
  • Here, you can lick the spoon.
  • No, don't put the spoon in the bowl. Let me help you. Stop!

And Stuart wonders why I don't bake more often.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

The cookie dough is the best part of making cookies - it looks like Jack knows where it's at!

LauraB said...

So, how were the cookies? Or did you actually bake any?

Kim said...

So did any of the cookie dough actually make it into the oven?

Pepper instead of salt....that could be interesting.