Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

Sunday morning we went to the zoo. We figured we should enjoy it before it gets too hot. We didn't bother with attempting to see everything and instead focused on Jack's favorites: monkeys and water. He tried his best to climb over me to get into the orangutan exhibit. He loved the squirrel monkeys and when they got close to him, he kept repeating "hi" as if he was waiting for a response.

I realize that I have few pics of me with Jack since I am usually holding the camera. Wow, do I look pale.


I love this pic because it looks like even Jack was embarrassed to be seen with his dad in that silly hat.


The best part was the water. Jack was, of course, the loudest kid there. He stomped his feet and danced around with joy. Stuart caught just a second of the happy dance at the end. Jack played until his lips were blue. He just loves the water.

I, however, made some poor clothing decisions for our excursion. Once, when running after Jack into the tunnel, one of the fountains shot straight up my dress. That's one way to cool off on a hot day! After awhile, Jack got tired of his parents following him into the tunnel to watch him. After we went through the last time, he grabbed me by the hand and dragged me over to the grass and then went back in to play without me. I was officially snubbed by my son!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I think you made the right clothing choice - I always say Fashion First! You look so cute!

I think it's better for a child to show independence than to be hesitant about everything. It shows that he's a well-adjusted, well-rounded kid!

Becca said...

How fun! Th epic of Stuart and Jack is hilarious (but don't ditch the hat - it's unique)

LauraB said...

That is hilarious - it does look like Jack is absolutely hating having his picture taken with that hat!!

Kim said...

The zoo is so much fun. I love the photo's. It's nice to see you in some. You are usually behind the camera.

Joe is the same way with water. When we go to the ocean. He literally stays in for hours.