Friday, May 22, 2009

Apple Issues

Jack still loves apples. In fact, it is the first thing I pick up at the grocery store, because playing with them makes him happy while I finish the rest of the shopping. However, he still refuses to swallow them. This is angry Jack at dinner last night. He was mad because he was covered in apple pieces he had spit out, and I didn't get them off of him fast enough.
This should give you an idea of what kind of mess is made when Jack eats apples. These are a few pieces I cleaned up off of him when he was done. (There was considerably more in his high chair.) He absolutely doesn't swallow a single bite.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I wonder if he's still getting some nutrition from the juices he's swallowing? :)

It probably feels good on his teeth to bite.

Kim said...

Maybe all he likes is the juice of the apple, once the juice is gone, he spits the rest out. Or, maybe he doesn't like the peel. You could try peeling it first.

Teresa said...

You know, I had the same thought Kim, but peeling it makes no difference. It's just weird.