Friday, May 15, 2009

Memories

This week, I have been going through all of Jack's old clothes. I thought I would pull out a couple of outfits that had sentimental value and then send the rest up to Jack's new cousin, Hunter. First, I am amazed at how much we had: 2 boxes, plus 4 large garbage bags full of clothes. Some had never been worn.

I was surprised at how difficult the process was. Everything made me emotional over how much Jack has grown and reminded me of so many sweet memories of when he was little.

Jack, however, was much less sentimental about this task; he thought this was a very fun game.

I finally finished the job while he was asleep. It was hard, but I only kept a few items, like the 4 little onesies he wore continually for the first 6 weeks because he was so little that nothing else fit him, his first pair of little sneakers, his first Halloween costume, and a bunch of other stuff I grabbed at the last minute, because I couldn't part with them. I know, I am an emotional person, I can't help it.

By, the way, Jack loves this video of himself. He makes me play it over and over again, while he laughs, hysterically. I tried to get video of that, but it was a bit more difficult, so you'll have to take my word for it.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am the same way when I look through Joe's old clothes. It brings back so many memories. I held onto some things, but gave most away. The ones I held on to I am planning on making into a patchwork quilt. It's something my Grandmother did for me. Twenty years later, I still have that quilt. It's my favorite.

I love the video of Jack. He's so funny.

Becca said...

Yeah, I get emotional about Mel's clothes - fortunately, we decided to keep everything in case we had another girl and viola I'm having another girl. I feel blessed.

Sheri said...

What a little stinker!

I recently was going to sell some of my boys' baby clothes at a garage sale and ended up pulling 1/2 the clothes because I just couldn't part with them. Too many good memories.