Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Onion Breath



Yes, this is Jack holding an onion. (As you can see, he now smiles for pics...it is so cute because he always closes one eye when he does it.)
As I was attempting to make dinner yesterday, Jack got very excited when I pulled the bag of onions from the pantry. He kept saying apple as he tried to steal one. I tried explaining that they were not apples, but he wouldn't leave me alone. Finally, I gave him half of an onion I was cutting to taste...only to show him it wasn't an apple. I foolishly thought that would end his obsession. Boy was I wrong. He held onto that onion half for the next hour, licking it, smelling it, and peeling off the skin. (The only thing he didn't like was the outer skin, which he kept peeling off and putting in the sink.) I couldn't believe it. I have it on video in case you are skeptical too.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

didn't I read that he likes salsa? So it makes sense that he'd like onions. :)

Heather said...

Jack is such a silly kid. It must be so much fun to be his mom.

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

That is hilarious! Aurora always loves to watch Jack's videos with me, no matter what he does she laughs out loud.

Becca said...

Encourage it! Onions are awesome for fighting cancer and maintaining a healthy heart and good cholesterol, especially raw onions. Jack, you are doing awesome in the food department.

In regards to the bunny - we had a huge discussion the other day (all speech therapists) about this "horrible" bunny that confuses kids. I was pretty indifferent, but now I have proof!

Kim said...

He probably thinks it's the weirdest tasting apple he's ever had.

Kids are funny.