Monday, October 27, 2008

Celebrating Papa's Birthday

Saturday evening we celebrated my dad's birthday with some great steaks on the grill. My dad and Laura came up, along with Marcy and Bremen. Now, Jack has had some difficulty with my dad. You all know that Jack prefers women, but he has some real trepidation around older men, specifically those with gray hair (sorry dad!) So, it took him awhile to warm up to his papa. The problem is, every time he gets comfortable around him, my dad takes off for a few weeks. (How nice to be retired!) and we have to start over with him. It doesn't help that my son doesn't really like sweets so the usual papa bribes don't work on Jack. Saturday's celebration was no different as my dad had just returned from a month long vacation to visit my brothers in Idaho and Utah. It took a bit, but he won Jack over in the end.






Hmmm, I'm not sure I want papa holding me...













Wait a minute...what's that? Can I eat it?













Everything is good now!







The highlight of the evening was watching Jack play with his cousin Bremen. The last time they were together, Jack wasn't walking yet, so their interaction was limited. It was a whole different story this time. Bremen was so involved with Jack that I couldn't get him to eat any dinner; he preferred time with his cousin.

After such a long, crazy, active day, Jack slept great Saturday night!

5 comments:

LauraB said...

Just wait 'til he starts him on Mt. Dew - he'll LOVE Papa and you'll get NO sleep after their visits together!

Charlotte said...

I love the video! Jack is going to have a FUN Christmas this year. It will be his 1st Christmas that he will actually enjoy! I can't wait!

Sheri said...

The video is too cute. I didn't know Marcy was in town!

Teresa said...

She and Bremen moved home. (Hopefully, with Kevin to follow soon.) Don't worry, I didn't know either!

Kim said...

Ok, I know I've been sick for a week, but apparently I've missed out on a lot. When did Bremen get here? And are they here for good? I'm so out of the loop.

I love the video. Kids are fun.