Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Protector

Saturday we were down in Gilbert for my aunt's fundraiser and thought we would take Stuart's sister, Alicia, to the Chandler mall while she was visiting. While Alicia was shopping, Stuart and I walked around the mall with Jack. They had a new cosmetic teeth whitening shop. I had really been wanting my teeth whitened, so Stuart took Jack around the mall while I had it done. They came back to see me just as I finished the first of two 20 minute sessions. Jack was happy as can be. Then, as they proceeded to set me up for the second session, all hell broke loose. They put my mouthpiece in, had me wear these funky orange glasses and positioned the machine in front of my mouth. It looked something like this:

(No, that's not me.) Anyway, Jack freaked out. He cried and screamed. Because of the mouth piece, I couldn't reassure him. Stuart tried to walk him around the mall, but it didn't help. During the entire 20 minute session, I could hear his crying getting louder and softer, depending on how close they were. They returned to the shop and Stuart finally distracted him with some of the rocks from a fountain. I had only 5 minutes left and was relieved that he was calming down. However, it was at this point that the woman performing the whitening came to check on my progress. As she walked over to me, Jack became hysterical and started running after her, screaming, in his attempt to keep her away from me. She kept trying to tell him she wasn't going to hurt me, but that didn't help. He was terrified and nothing could calm him at that point. I spent the last few minutes of the procedure with Jack on my lap crying. When I was done, Stuart went to look for his sister while I took Jack to the car. He slept the whole car ride home, letting out muffled sobs in his sleep.

I have never seen anything like this with Jack. How sweet that he wants so much to protect me!



These pics are from last night. His hair was all curly after his bath (what little he has) and he was extremely excited. Who better to protect me?

(As a side note, if you are interested in getting your teeth whitened, go to iSmile at Chandler Mall and tell them I sent you. If I get 2 referrals, my next visit is free!)

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Where's your before and after picture of your teeth? We have to know if it worked before we can go! And how much was it? Oh, btw, Jack is so dang cute and clean, he needs to be in commercials!

LauraB said...

Yeah, exactly what Charlotte said! Let's see the pictures!!

You and Jack need to get out more - and not together!

Sheri said...

That little boy loves you so much :) It's cute - in a sad way.

Kim said...

I want to see your white teeth pictures too.

Jack is so sweet. It's cute how much he wants to protect you.

Love the pictures of his curly hair.

Teresa said...

You know, I really set up this blog for Jack stories. You really don't want to open it up to ramblings about me because that might be really annoying.