Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Evil Glow Worm


Sunday morning while Stuart was in the shower and I was in the office playing on the computer, Jack was playing in his room. Suddenly, I hear an awful cry coming from him. He is in hysterics. We both run to him in a panic to see what is wrong. Jack is walking down the hall with a terrified look on his face, holding his glow worm out in front of him. He has turned it on and it's face is glowing while it plays soft lullabies. Jack was absolutely scared to death of the thing and was brining it to me to fix. It took awhile for us to calm Jack down and I had to get the glow worm out of his sight to do it. Now, he has played with this toy before with no problems. However, due to the vast number of toys he has, it had ended up at the bottom of his toy chest so he hadn't seen it in a couple of months. We were shocked by the strong reaction by Jack as he is a pretty fearless kid.

Then, last night, Stuart comes into the room with Jack in his arms; the boy is sobbing and miserable. Stuart informs me that he tried to show Jack the glow worm again to see if he would react the same way. What the heck?! Let's run a little experiment to see if he will freak out again? Nice. Notice the smile on Stuart's face in the picture. He assured me he hid the toy away so as not to upset the baby again.

Well, apparently Stuart's idea of hiding it was to throw it behind Jack's bedroom door. Which, of course, he found this morning and had the same reaction. You have to see this. It took some time to calm him down.

I guess I am no better than Stuart as I took the time to film the horrible scene before disposing of the evil glow worm. Some day this kid will have a lot to tell his therapist.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

I can't believe you!!! You are so mean. His cry is so sad, you better throw that thing in the trash!!!

LauraB said...

I wish he could talk - I'd LOVE to know what's scaring him!!

Kim said...

That's the saddest video ever. Poor Jack. I'm with Laura. I'd love to know what it is about the glow worm that is scaring him.

Sheri said...

Poor kid! The sobbing is so sad.

Tell Stuart Ian would've done the same thing.

Teresa said...

The good news is he found the glow worm hidden behind the pillows on the couch yesterday. He brought it to me, very concerned, but not crying. I put him on my lap and we turned it on together and I sang along with it. He wouldn't hold it himself, but he was okay with it. He even gave it a kiss. I didn't push it after that.