Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You call this sick?


Well, the last week in this house has been miserable. Jack and I have been sick since Thursday night. We finally went to the doctor yesterday and confirmed that Jack has the flu. My poor little man. I feel so bad for him. He is so extremely congested and is also wheezing so the doctor is making him do breathing treatments. His eyes are all red and runny and he looks miserable. Usually he is happy throughout everything, so I know he is bad off when he is actually acting sick. For the most part he is calm, but has had a few fits where he has screamed in pain. No one prepared me for how much it would hurt to see my baby in pain. Stuart can't stand to leave Jack by himself when he is sick, so he has been in bed with with us each night, so we can check on him. As a result of the flu, he isn't sleeping through the night, so I am exhausted. I think we only had a couple of weeks of wellness between when the last stomach virus cleared up before he caught the flu. This picture was taken last night when he momentarily forgot he was sick....we are lucky to have such a good tempered baby! Knowing how I feel this week, I am very surprised he has been as calm as he has through this. I have lots more to catch up on, but am feeling too weak and tired to do any additional blogging tonight. Gotta rest up for LOST tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, I have the flu too and I am just praying Melanie doesn't get it. I can't imagine her feeling as awful as I do, so I can relate. Poor Jack!

Kim said...

It is the saddest thing ever when your baby gets sick. I hope you guys are both feeling better soon.

Sheri said...

The breathing treatments are the worst! Evan had to do them a few weeks ago and hated it. I agree - it's the hardest thing in the world to have a sick child.