Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Quit!


It's official, I have resigned from work. For all of you who didn't think I could do it (myself included at times) I have proved us wrong! I will be staying at home with Jack for the next year to focus on what is really important. I always knew I would be content being a stay at home mom, so I was surprised that the decision was so hard for me to actually make. I really love what I do and I am very good at it. I have been in corporate education for over 15 years. It was a career that took a detour from my orignal plans to teach 3rd grade, but you would be surprised at how similar adult learning is to child learning. It is exciting to implement learning solutions to performance problems. It is also rewarding to be able to tie our efforts to specific improvements. My company couldn't have made it harder for me to leave. Not only is the money hard to walk away from (they promoted me twice in the last year, once about 2 weeks before my maternity leave and again when I first returned,) but the work has allowed me new challenges and personal growth. My last day will be February 22nd. So, if anyone is wondering how soon before we move back down south, it will be awhile since I will be staying home, delaying our ability to pay off our mortgage...oh well, we will get there eventually. Besides, isn't this little guy worth a few more years of house payments? Really, I know how blessed we are to be in a position to allow me to be at home during this important time.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations! I hope I will be there some day - and YES Jack is worth it! Cute photo.

Kim said...

I am so happy for you. You may miss your job sometimes, but I think that you'll never regret your decision. I bet Jack is happy too. You are going to have so much fun with him.

LauraB said...

Jacks says "You rock, Mom!"

Sheri said...

That's a decision you'll never regret. Jack is so lucky :)

Charlotte said...

Hey, need some extra $$. You could be my sitter for the summer. Jack will love being with his cousins!!

ducklips said...

Congratulations! That is a tough decision and one that you will not regret. Have fun being a stay at home mommy. Jack will love you so much more for your sacrifice.

Teresa said...

Thanks Elise. You know, in reading my cousin's blogs, it took my awhile to figure out that "ducklips" was you!