Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jack is it!

Jack was tagged, but with the flu running through the house I haven't had a moment to post his 6 things before now. Here we go:

1. Jack is a very happy baby. He so well tempered. He really has to be in pain to scream or cry. He wakes in the morning with a big smile. I think this is for his dad's sake. Stuart is not a morning person, but it's hard to be grumpy when you hear your son laughing, no matter how early it is.

2. The ice maker on the fridge freaks him out. It's very weird. When you get ice from the fridge he shakes his head back and forth and scquirms around. It will even wake him from a dead sleep. He does not like it.

3. He really is a very big kid. I am frequently stopped by people who assume he is much older that he actually is. At 5 and 1/2 months he is about 22 lbs. He's only a little chubby, and the doctor says he is height/weight proportionate, he is just a very long kid. I think we could have a future ball player on our hands!

4. Yeah Carrots! We are just introducing him to solids. Cereal and peas were well received, but we weren't anticipating the recent excitement over carrots. Apparently, he loves them. He laughed out loud after trying them. He giggles with each bite he so excited. Can't imagine how much he's going to love fruit.

5. He loves the song Baby Mine (from Dumbo.) When I sing that to him, no matter how hard he is crying, he will stop and smile. It immediately calms him.

6. He does this thing we like to call "rabid baby." He gets into this fenzied state of excitement, where he goes into mini vampire mode on his mom. (He doesn't do it to his dad, just to me.) He tries to bite and suck on my cheek or neck while making a growling noise. It is so funny. Note this video is while he was calming down from rabid baby mode. Sorry it is hard to hear him growl, I couldn't stop laughing.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

The look on his face at the end says his mom doesn't taste so good! Ok, no one is sick anymore so get your butt down here to visit!! Jack wants to play with the puppy.

LauraB said...

Can't wait to see him - am I still on for Friday??

Sheri said...

That's so funny about the ice-machine. It sounds like you really lucked out in the temper department. What a cutie!

Kim said...

This was a fun post. I liked getting to know baby Jack a little better. I love that he likes the Baby Mine song. Joseph always loved it when I sang to him.

Becca said...

Melanie started on cereal, peas, and then carrots. She had the same reaction - I guess carrots are just that good. Tim and I laughed out loud at "rabid baby" - we loved the video. I'll have to get a copy of Baby mine (I always liked the song). Thanks for the post - I learned more about the cutie.