Saturday, February 23, 2008

Independent Jack

My little boy is becoming increasingly focused on doing things for himself. It is very cute and a little frustrating. He loves to take his socks off, and gets mad if it takes him too long. Even if he can't get them completely off, he is at least happy if he can stretch them far enough to get the end in his mouth.

Here he is in his new high chair, enjoying fruit for the first time. He loves it, but still prefers those carrots. He is pretty good at letting me feed him his solids, but increasingly would like to do the bottle by himself, which would be fine, except he has some difficulty finding his mouth.

4 comments:

Kim said...

What is it with babies and socks? Joe used to pull his off too, but only the left one.

cute pictures.

Becca said...

I don't know what it is about those carrots - Melanie loves them too, but she hasn't had fruit yet.

LauraB said...

I missed my day with the little man! I'm ready for the big sleepover next month - got him an exer-saucer to play in and I'll stock up on carrots!!

Sheri said...

Don't be surprised if he starts to look "tan". Alexander's favorites as a baby were squash and carrots -when Stacy pointed out he was looking orange, I called the doctor and I guess orange veggies do that!